This is generally how DiEM25 decides on its collective policy / political agenda:
- A team of specialists creates a questionnaire on a field of policy. This questionnaire is usually formal (using the DiEM25 Forms tool or PDF), but for smaller policy areas there may just be a forum thread where members can provide the initial input that sets off the process.
- All members, including famous DiEMers like Noam Chomsky, are invited to submit answers to the questionnaire.
- The team creates a coherent greenpaper (policy paper draft) based on the answers.
- All members can comment on the draft and suggest amendments/improvements. This step is usually done through the Crowdediting tool.
- The team integrates the changes where they make sense.
- Step 4+5 can be repeated.
- The final draft is proposed in an All Member Vote (AMV), allowing members to decide whether they are happy for this draft to become the policy that DiEM25 will represent or whether it needs major changes.